Why do I need a safety plan?
By having a safety plan, you’re making sure that when you do feel really low or that you want your life to end, there are strategies you can use to keep yourself safe.
How do I make a safety plan?
The best kind of safety plan is one that can help give you some perspective when you’re feeling low and considering suicide.
Factors to consider and questions to ask yourself:
1. When should I use this plan?
2. What can I do to comfort myself if I’m feeling suicidal?
3. What are my reasons for living?
4. Who can I talk to?
5. Who can I contact for professional help?
6. How can I make my environment safe?