Click to read full article
Overbearing expectation to ‘work hard, do more'
• Prioritisation of achievements and project growth over one's health
• Impaired sleep and overwork leads to depression
• Physical ailments might arise later in life
Pressure to succeed at a young age
• Not everyone's timeline of achievement is the same
• Leads to low self-esteem and depression
• Feelings of guilt that you're not doing enough
• Addictive need to succeed and be task-oriented
• Unable to adapt to adversity
• Unhealthy comparison to others
Learn to say no to things - especially work
Don't obsess over the competition
Take a breather
Know that it isn't a race - take your time and find what you're really passionate about
Read full article
Is this article useful?
Leave your review!